Solutions for Success
Drummond and Etheridge and John Deere provide GPS based solutions for vehicle guidance and field documentation concepts that enable customers to:
- remain competitive,
- record operations
- reduce input costs, and
- increase efficiency.
John Deere Agricultural Management Solutions offers these practical management solutions based around customer needs and business practices.
There are four key components to building your Agricultural Management System:
To enquire about Precision Agriculture:
John Deere are proud to introduce the Starfire 3000 Receiver which is leading the way with better accuracy and greater efficiency.
The StarFire™ 3000 receiver key features include:
- Access to multi-frequency differential Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) plus access to additional satellite signals,
- True 3D integrated terrain compensation, it responds faster and more accurately to changes in terrain.
- More reliable positioning in areas with intermittent satellite availability or in other uncontrollable satellite environments = Less Downtime!
- Upgradeable accuracy, with the Starfire 3000 you have the ability to increase the level of accuracy without having to purchase a new receiver.
With this receiver you can get started into precision guidance at the accuracy level you need at the time. From Parallel Tracking™ to precision-guidance AutoTrac™ assisted steering, to the 2.5 cm, repeatable accuracy of StarFire™ RTK, the StarFire™ 3000 Receiver grows with you.
- SF1: +/- 23 cm
- SF2: +/- 5 cm
- RTK: +/- 2.5 cm
accommodate a wide range of accuracy needs and to offer unmatched
upgradeability, StarFire™ 3000 is available in different configurations: SF1
world solution, SF2 ready, and RTK.
SF1 world solution
The base-level StarFire 3000 ships with the capability of using the John
Deere-exclusive, free-to-air SF1 differential correction signal. SF1 delivers
+/- 10-in. pass-to-pass accuracy†, adequate for non-row-crop guidance
applications including tillage, mowing, broad-acre spraying, and fertiliser
For those who need higher accuracy, StarFire 3000 can be upgraded to SF2 ready.
SF2 delivers accuracy of +/- 4 in.†, which is ideal for row-crop planting. SF2
is ideal for windrowing, seeding, and higher accuracy tillage. SF2 allows
customers to operate in lands, skipping rows and always ending with a perfect
pass. This allows the operator to turn easily at the headland, reducing wear on
equipment and also reducing the number of headland rounds required. An SF2
subscription is also required.
For users who require additional accuracy, a SF2-ready StarFire 3000 can be upgraded to RTK by adding the RTK radio and RTK activation. RTK delivers 1-in. repeatable accuracy*, and is available via our Dealership Network of RTK Base Stations. RTK Subscription is also required.
Get the big picture with Greenstar Displays
A Greenstar display gives you deeper visibility into your operation and promotes higher levels of machine and operator performance, better fuel efficiency, and improved input placement and yields.
1. Greenstar 3 2630 Display
The GS3 2630 is the latest innovation in displays from John Deere and offers you maximum efficiency, productivity, and premium features.
- NEW Improved touch-screen display
- NEW Access Manager (operator lock-out)
- NEW Video capability
- NEW USB data port
- NEW Enhanced stand-by mode
- ISOBUS display for enhanced compatibility
- Run single or multiple applications at once
- Customised home page
- Comes preloaded with: Parallel Tracking (for manual guidance), Field Documentation, Map-based Prescription, Harvest Documentation, and On-screen mapping.
2. Greenstar 2 1800 Display
This entry-level display has a simple interface and a smaller price tag while still offering lots of great features.
- 18cm full colour display
- Easy to use scroll wheel
- Keys set up for quick one-touch operation
- USB data port
- Comes preloaded with Parallel Tracking (for manual guidance), On-Screen Mapping (visual reference to verify field coverage), Iso combatibility, and GreenStar Rate Contoller combatibility.
Autotrac offers many benefits to operators, including optimized machine efficiency, reduced operator fatigue, and the ability to work as faster speeds. Autotrac is the premier assisted steering system in the guidance industry. Autotrac is also available for a selected range of older John Deere and non-John Deere vehicles by use of Autotrac Universal Steering kit.
The AutoTrac™ Universal (ATU) Steering Kit 200 is a mobile guidance solution that will bring additional productivity to farming operations throughout the growing season. The ATU 200 operates with hundreds of equipment platforms using all levels of StarFire™ accuracy.
Autotrac Controller is an integrated AutoTrac solution for older John Deer and non-John Deere tractors.
iGuide automatically guides the implement onto a guidance path. The system is ideal for seeding, planting, pre-emergence tillage, broadacre spraying, or even strip-till applications.
iTecPro is an innovative module that automates vehicle and implement functions associated with end-of-row turns.
Active Implement Guidance is an active implement guidance system that automatically steers the implement onto the desired guidance line. The system teams up with an implement steering mechanism to provide increased implement precision.
Rate Controller allows the GreenStar display to integrate with many implements, such as non-John Deere pull-type sprayers, liquid maure spreaders, liquid fertilizer systems and some planters.
Rate Controller Dry is a component that allows the Greenstar 3 2630 display to integrate with non-John Deere self-propelled ad pull-type dry box spinner spreaders.
NEW! Mobile Weather uses a weather sensor connected to the Application Controller 1120 to display real-time weather information, including wind speed and direction, Delta T, and temperature and relative humidity on the John Deere GreenStar 2 or GreenStar 3 displays. However, only the GreenStar 3 2630 Display is capable of documenting (recording) weather data, which can be transferred to Apex or other third party farm management software for analysis and record keeping.
JDLink™ is a telematics system remotely connecting equipment owners, farm managers and dealers to selected John Deere equipment in the field.
Consisting of a communications controller, wiring harness, and antenna that receives GPS and transmits cellular signals, JDLink™ continuously collects and transmits machine data for machine management purposes via mobile phone technology to a data server wirelessly. It is then processed and can be accessed by the user through an Internet-connected computer or sent in real time via test message or email.
Available in two packages either Select or Ultimate there is a level of sophistication to suit your needs.
JDLink™ Select is capable of managing the following information:
- Roadmap/satellite map and driving directions
- Machine hours
- Curfew alerts
- Maintenance management
- Machine utilisation profile
- Enables Service ADVISOR ™ Remote on approved platforms
JDLink™ Ultimate is capable of managing the following information:
- Machine status and comparison
- Advanced machine utilisation
- Customer alerts
- Export/scheduled email report
- Remote diagnostics via diagnostic trouble codes
- System usage information
Apex farm management software allows you to archive historical farming practices as well as input data about what you are doing today.
At the end of each day you can unload the field data from your Data Card into Apex. After the data is unloaded, maps and reports can be generated to easily visualise how previous management decisions impacted production and what improvements can still be made. The intended outcome of such decisions is not only to maximise profit but to maximise efficiency and become more environmentally safe.
Apex data can help to:
- Make appropriate management decisions
- Enhance and maximise crop productivity
- Minimise input costs
- Optimise soil nutrient levels
- Compare hybrid/variety productivity
- Compare and analyse harvest data for multiple years
- Visualise field trends across multiple years
- Identify and control field drainage issues
- Identify, analyse and control pest infestations
- Create accurate and adaptable prescriptions
- Appropriately plan input purchases